Birla High School-Mukundapur offers futuristic education with modern teaching methodology and state-of-the art infrastructure. Our school is ‘Inspired by Excellence’ and ‘Driven by Technology’ to ensure that our students are equipped with 21st century learning skills.
We always sincerely endeavor to uphold the trust and faith you repose in us for quality all round development of your child and inspiration of appropriate values and ethos to help them in becoming better citizens for tomorrow. In this shared hour of need we do hope all parents and guardians will also reciprocate and support the stability of such positive environment.
Having visualized from the very outset after March 2020, that the Covid pandemic could create many practical difficulties and uncertainties for many, the school took voluntarily steps to mitigate financial burdens on parents wherever practically feasible, and taking many other steps to see there should be no serious break in the education process of the student. In fact Government advisories issued later in July 2020 verified we were on a right path, as we were largely compliant with the advisory already.
The matter of fees is sub-judice at this time. The school is, on its own accord, as conscious of the need to ease burdens on those needing support, as it is of the importance of preserving its viability as a going concern and its consequent ability to maintain levels of education and development in the best interests of our students.
The school is hereunder announcing steps in line with the judicial orders in force at the present time. We believe it is equally our duty to put forward for your information remarks of the Hon’ble High Court in its order “Parents and Guardians of students are requested not to avail of the reduction in school fees, if their financial situation does not merit the reduction. However, if any set of guardians or parents obtains the benefit, no questions in such regard can be asked”.
In light of the said order, and for proper records as also compliance with good governance and accounts practices, we kindly request all parents to inform us if they would like to avail of the reliefs being announced. The school shall not ask any questions on your choice.
In the larger interests of humanity, the Nation and all families connected with us, we hope for the safety and good health of everyone, and for the progress of our dear students.
Birla High School-Mukundapur
Re: Order dated October 28, 2020 of the Hon’ble Supreme Court and order dated October 13, 2020 of the Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta
In terms of the order dated October 13, 2020 of the Division Bench of the Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta in WPA No. 5890 of 2020 read with the order dated October 28, 2020 of the Hon’ble Supreme Court in Special Leave Petitions filed against the said order including that bearing Diary No. 22811 of 2020 inter alia ordering that certain directions contained in the order of the Hon’ble High Court not be implemented, the following information is being given to the parents/guardians of students of the School:
1) The High Court at Calcutta by a judgement and order dated October 13, 2020 had passed various directions in respect of payment of fees on various heads to Schools in West Bengal arising out of the situation caused by the pandemic of Covid 19 and the suspension of physical classes since the earlier part of the year. The judgement is separately uploaded on the website of the School.
2) Special Leave Petitions were filed challenging the judgment in the Hon’ble Supreme Court and by an order dated October 28, 2020 the Hon’ble Supreme Court while granting leave to file the petitions and issuing notices to the respondents therein, has ordered that some of the directions as contained in the judgement of the Hon’ble High Court may not be implemented. The order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court is also uploaded on the website of the School.
3) Now, pending a final adjudication of the appeals in the Hon’ble Supreme Court and in compliance of the remaining directions contained in the judgement and order dated October 13, 2020 of the Hon’ble High Court which is subject matter of challenge before the Hon’ble Supreme Court, this Notice is being published for information and necessary action of the parents/ guardians. Kindly bear in mind that whatever is being stated below is without prejudice to the rights and contentions of the School and its management in the pending proceedings in the Hon’ble Supreme Court and without waiving any of them in any manner.
4) Parents and guardians of students of the School are, in terms of the judgement and order dated October 13, 2020 of the Hon’ble High Court under appeal in the Hon’ble Supreme Court, and subject to the outcome of the appeal in the Hon’ble Supreme Court and as may be ordered therein, are now informed that they may opt to pay reduced fees in terms of clauses 8, and 11 below.
5) However, in terms of the directions of the Division Bench of the Hon’ble High Court, parents are requested not to avail of the reduction in fees as provided in clauses 8, and 11 voluntarily if their financial situation does not merit such reduction. Accordingly, parents/guardians who have paid 100% of the tuition fees as on date of this Notice and/or intend to pay and/or continue paying 100% of such tuition fees and/or have paid 100% of other fees and/or intend to pay 100% of other fees are requested to continue doing so.
6) In the event, parents who have paid 100% of tuition or other fees wish to avail of the reduction indicated in clauses 8, and 11 below, they will not receive any refund but will have the amounts paid beyond the amount of reduced fees adjusted against payment of tuition fees for the subsequent period during the Financial Year ending March, 2021.
7) 100% of tuition fees for the Financial Year 2020-2021 till such time as reopening of the School in physical mode is as follows:
Tuition Fees (in Rs.) p.m.
8) In case of parents who wish to avail of reduction of tuition fees for this period, 80% of such tuition fees per month is as follows:
Tuition Fees (in Rs.) p.m.
9) For those parents who opt to avail of the reduction in tuition fees as stated in clause 8 above, the fees for the period commencing from April 1, 2020 upto November 30, 2020 will have to be paid by November 30, 2020.
10)Co-curricular activities such as Visual and Performing Arts, Life Skills, Health, and Physical Education are integral parts of the CBSE Curriculum. In compliance with the CBSE Curriculum, the School planned ahead and has commenced these classes online along with scholastic subjects with effect from April, 2020. Assessments of all classes were conducted online during this period. Since April, 2020, the School has thus continued to provide such facilities and/or services to the students, which are essential for and an integral part of the CBSE curriculum and holistic development. 100% of such fees for the period 2020-21 per month till such time as reopening of the school in physical mode are as follows:
Co-curricular Activity Fees (in Rs.) p. m.
ICT Fees (in Rs.) p.m
11)In case of parents who wish to avail of reduction of such fees/charges mentioned in clause 10 for this period, 80% of such tuition fees per month for the Financial Year 2020-2021 till reopening of the School in physical mode is as follows:
Co-curriculum Activity Fees (in Rs.) p.m
ICT Fees (in Rs.) p.m
12)The fees prescribed in clause 11 above for the period commencing from April 1, 2020 upto November 30, 2020 will have to be tendered by November 30, 2020.
13)In the event the fees stated above are not paid by November 30, 2020, with or without availing of reduction, in terms of the orders of the Hon’ble High Court, parents are informed that the order of the Hon’ble High Court provides that the concerned student will not be entitled to attend School in any mode and will be denied all facilities being offered by the School with effect from 8th December, 2020. The order of the Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta dated October 13, 2020 and the order of the Hon’ble Supreme Court dated 28th October, 2020 are available on the website of the Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta and the Hon’ble Supreme Court respectively and also have been uploaded on the website of the School and parents/guardians are requested to access the same for their own understanding of the directions of the Hon’ble High Court and the Hon’ble Supreme Court as they stand presently.
14)The School has already preferred a Special Leave Petition before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India challenging the order passed by the Hon’ble High Court at Calcutta. The above information is subject to any further orders that may be passed by the Hon’ble High Court and/or the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, as the case may be.
15)The parents/guardians are informed that the Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta, has also directed in para 61(iv) of the order dated October 13, 2020 that losses made by the Schools, which will be substantial in our case, can be made up in the next two years.
16)All parents/guardians who wish to avail of the reduction of 20% in tuition and/or other fees as stated above are requested to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive details for payment of fees due. Parents choosing not to avail of the reduction in fees are also requested to write to the above mail id to know the amount payable. The payment modalities are attached in a separate notice. The last date of payment is 30th November 2020.
17)The School has always endeavored to provide a high standard of education to its students, in a congenial atmosphere, supported by adequate infrastructure and quality teaching. Under the current pandemic situation, the matter of the School fees is presently sub-judice and a final decision thereon is awaited.
18)While due care has been taken to revise the fees in terms of the orders of the Hon’ble High Court and the Hon’ble supreme Court, kindly note that these are subject to appropriate correction and/or modification
Brig. V.N. Chaturvedi (retd)
Vidya Mandir Scociety
Process to be followed for payment of fees by 30th November, 2020
· Please state your intent to pay 100% or 80% of the stated fees by writing to the given mail id in clause 16 of the Notice.
· You will receive details of the amount payable by you up to November, 2020 as an individual return mail. In case of dispute of the amount stated in the mail, please contact the Accounts Department for clarification with proof of earlier payment.
· You may pay via any of the following methods:
ØCash – to be deposited in the Bank / the Accounts Department of the school office.
ØCheque – to be deposited in the Bank/dropbox in the school with the following details of your ward on the reverse of the cheque:
1) Name of the student
2) Class & Section
3) Admission number
ØOnline Money Transfer – In case you choose this option, please note that it is necessary to mail the following details to the mail id given above.
1) Name of the student
2) Class & Section
3) Admission number
4) Screenshot of the payment made
Please click here to view the Hon'ble High Court Order
Please click here to view the Hon'ble Supreme Court Order